Saturday, June 19, 2010

Twist of a fate ....

TWIST OF FATE !

Note – all characters in the story are fictional and any resemblance is purely fictional.

Camera movements are marked in red , dialagues in blue.Character movements /actions /emotions are put in the bracket for ease of capturing the scene )

O : old man

B : 1st guy

(1 guy is sitting on a long chair and crying on dressed in a T shirt and cargo,.innocent face ,weeping continuously in a railway terminal.There are couple of people around all busy in their activities , theres a husband and wife chit chatting , there’s a guy in formals on a business trip reading a business magazine , his face is not visible ,sitting directly behind the first guy , theres grandmother and a small kid besides this guy...)

****( camera focuses on the 1st guy and his face ), while the other characters stay in the background ,bright lighting )

A couple of travellers pass by and notice this guy crying , gives a weired but do not bother to talk to the guy )

An old man passes by , dressed elegantly , sits beside the boy curious to find out whats happening.He’s in no hurry and seems to have all the time in the world.Has perfect body language , sits on one of the extreme corners of the chair ..takes a look at boy , takes a deep sigh and lights a cigarette , hes got a gold lighter and a swiss cigar ( long one , brown colour ) , takes it out of his pants pocket , taps it and lights it, takes a puff and looking straight

O : “ Can I know the reason for your sorrow young man “ ?

( camera still has a close up shot on the boy and moves sideways to focus on the man as if viewed from the boys eyes and moves in front of the 2 characters.. )

( The boy doesnt bother to hear turns his head in the other direction and continues with the weeping )

O : well ,there’s no problem on this planet without a solution young man. Release your thoughts and forget that we ever had a converstation. I guess that should serve u well.What say ??

(still no response from the boy )

O: Hmm, I guess you are a tough nut to crack.Want a smoke? ( draws out a cigarette and points in the direction of the boy )

B: ( slowly looking in the direction of the old man , picks up the cigar and lights it up ) ..Thanks for that.Well why are you even bothered about me ?

O: Because i don’t like people around me to be weeping and shedding tears.I know what sadness is..Tell me ,whats your problem..

B: oooh...well..the usual story i guess. The girl ..the first girl that I loved ditched me...she ..she says she recently found some ..and has started to have feelings for that guy ..

O : thats sad , young man , I emapathize with you...

B: I don’t know why she did that ..she used to like me..we were so happy together until she started having feelings for some jerk...I never got a chance to meet her parents and put my case..I don’t even know any of her relatives...I don’t even know who her parents are !..What surpises me , rather frustrates me is that one day she was with me , next day , she ‘s wants to be someoneelse.What do you think?

O : Aha , just as I guessed .And you are not able to get over that ..I can see that .Just like some one said “It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.”I feel sorry for you boy “

(takes another puff of the cigar )

B: ( staring at the old man ) , but you are saying that I should just get over and move on.Don’t you think the behaviour exhibited by the girl is nothing but bitchy ?

O : I would rather not comment on that young man.As for your sorrow , you are not alone .Everyone has their share of sorrows in this world.I am having a troubled relationship with my daughter as well .She mentioned to me yesterday that she has found some guy .Well , am really worried, about my daughters choice...We have pampered her and brought her up.she doesn’t know the tricks that guys these days are upto..Honestly speaking , the only guy that a girl can trust in her lifetime is her dad !

B : Oh come on man ! , you know us guys , we are good at heart aint we ?

O: ( laughs sarcastically and takes another puff ) ya ya ..haha ..

B : ( shakes head in frustration ) , so what else about your trouble relationship with your daughter?

O : She mentioned that his name is some...(aah , thinking to recollect ) ,,yea Ron Andrew or something.I want to find out more about this guy .Well , I want to make sure that this Ron Andrew is of good character.I am really concerned...

3rd guy ( who was reading the news paper ,sitting directly behind the old man , facing the opposite side ) : hey , gentlemen , sorry to interrupt your conversation , but can I ask you some thing ??

(camera zooms out and takes an aerial view and focussed the 3rd guy as if viewed from the eyes of the old man and first guy )

( the old man and the first guy look in bewilderment towards the 3rd guy )

O : Ya sure young man ,what do you want to know?

3rd guy : (looking at the old man ) Is your daughters name Nishcita Roy ??

O : Yes it is !! How on earth do you know ???!!Who are you

B :( 1st guy stands up in surprise and looks at the old man ) !! what ??

3rd guy : I am Ron Andrew and I am GAY ! and your daughter is behind me ..I haven’t got the guts to let her know that I am gay !!

(1st guy jumps of joy and goes on a laugh riot ! )

( old man looks stunned at Ron and then takes a look at the first guy )

O : now , what has gone into you????!!!

1st : I can’t believe this ! ,Well I was your daughters first love and this guy ((( pointing at Ron and pushing his chest ) ...your daughter ( looking and laughing at the old man ) your stupid daughter fell for this guy ..a GAY !..hahaha.Your daughter was right throughout , theres something about this guy , which I don’t have ..and thats he likes guys !

O : (looks amused at both directions , gives a blank expression and starts laughing )!!

Well well , life is stranger than fiction gentlemen !So. we have an interesting situation here , so Mr ?? ( looking at the first guy )

1st guy : Rohan sir ..

O: so Mr Rohan , would you like to be my son in law?

1st guy : in all regards sir , I would take the opportunity with both hands..

O : And you........(looks at Ron with staring eyes ) , would you like to hang out with me???...Am gay as well J

3rd: ( looks happy ) well well well..will do sir..I love older men !

O: lets celebrate this occasion..whres the bar??( all move in the direction of the bar !! )

The end --

No comments: