Friday, April 9, 2010

CROW vs CORPORATE

Left office at 5 30 pm today as there was not much work left.Headed down the highway ,riding my bike at 40 - 60 kms/hr , stead and straight.There was a time when I used to get a kick out of ripping the bike and seeing the needle on the speedo point to the higher end of 90's.Its strange what time can do to people's thinking.Now, safety and stability has taken a priority.I am happy these days to just see the needle steadily point to 40's , whilst I sing a tune and make my way on the road.

Slowly , but steadily , Amaego ( thats what I call my Honda Unicorn ) came to the chaka circle, I had 2 options - head left and go home , head right and go to the Shangumugham beach and catch the sunset.I opted for the latter as I knew longer hours in the office were coming up next weeks.I have hardly seen 5 : 30 pm out of office in the last two and a half years since I started working , so din't want to waste this precious time.

Parked my bike beside a thattu kada and had a banan fry ( pazham pori ) as they call out here, and headed out ear to the beach.On the way , caught a lady selling grounduts fry , bought a packet and headed out to near the sea.

There's something amazing about the sea, its got a different life of its own , a couple of mins beside the sea and you are totally rejuvenated and ready to take on life.The sand had been pulled back a meter higher than the last time I was here ( that was 2 days back ! ) .On checking out with a localite , got the information that there was a kadal kopam ( means Anger of the sea ) last night and there was heavy tides resulting in the sand being pulled back.This again reiterates the fact how nature is all powerful and how humans often underestimate its power.

I was almost done with my groundnuts and threw the remaining pieces packed in a cover beside my feet.It was a matter of seconds before a crow glided down and sat besides the paper.It stared at me , quickly moved its head to left and right , and made the typical sound that only a crow can.The same process was repeated - looked at me , make the noise and off it took the paper with the groundnuts in a very proferssional manner and went back around 10 meters into the shore.It opened the paper which was folded in a manner of precision , stretched out the paper , stuck its beek into and quickly took in 4 to 5 groundnuts.Once this was done , it again did the same routine again - looked around , looked at me , made the noise .then dragged back the paper with the remaining groundnuts to a place behind a piece of log.

In a matter of seconds 2 more of his colleagues joined the crow and had the remaining feast of groundnuts.Whilst the colleagues started feasting on the groundnuts, the crow backed off and waited for his colleague to wrap up the meal.Once it was done, all the 3 flew back in to the skies again....

Well I think , theres a lesson in there for all folks -

1) Team work
2) Share your glory with others and allow people to be in the limelight.

Will be back with a new experience

No comments: